Everyone’s lives are changing because of COVID-19 but for women that are pregnant, they have a higher risk of getting sick or having a problem with their pregnancy if they were to test positive for the virus. Luckily for them, Ann Holder and her team at Odonata are working hard to make sure they remain safe.
- Fetal monitoring is something that we are all still learning about but Ann and her team work every day to bring to the market new technology for non-invasive fetal monitoring.
- The US is lacking when it comes to the success and survival rate of C-Sections and it’s important for Ann and her company to work with doctors to make sure that we correct the mistakes that are being made to ensure the safety of women.
- Telehealth is not just taking over the doctor visit world for a cough or a runny nose, but women who are pregnant, even as much as 29 weeks are not actually seeing doctors in person and it’s problem, but how we have to find a way to make sure that the baby and mother are safe and healthy.
- “ I was talking to an OBGYN that was telling me that the number of non-stress tests for high-risk patients has gone down considerably but, the number of stillbirths have gone up considerably with COVID. So we had to make a pretty significant change in our strategy.”
- “I’m really happy with what I’m doing. It’s been incredibly fulfilling and I talked to a lot of people that are really weighing the pros and cons of being an entrepreneur or a first-time CEO. My advice is just to have confidence in taking a risk, because quite honestly if you don’t, you’re always going to second guess yourself.”
Thanks to our friends
Truth Be Known is brought to you by Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enabling every company to find clarity amidst the chaos. Talend Data Fabric brings together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. Learn more at Talend.com.