This episode features an interview with Evan Kirstel, a B2B thought leader, top technology influencer, and enterprise industry insider. Evan’s business, eViRa Health, acts as a social media partner to clients in the healthcare industry to grow massive global audiences and deepen user engagement. We talk with Evan about how he paired his expertise in social media with the healthcare industry, and helped revolutionize the future of healthcare tech.
- The pandemic has created a great shift in the healthcare industry towards the adoption of new technologies, including virtual care.
- People are already gathering their own health data through wearables, which could be helpful to doctors.
- Incorporating tech into the patient experience empowers patients to manage their conditions.
- “We need to make patients the center of care, strengthen the doctor-patient or nurse-patient relationships, and empower patients with data, insights, advice, guidance and education.”
- “We’re generating all of this data around ourselves from wearables to virtual care to remote patient monitoring. And getting all that data into systems in a clean way that doctors and researchers can use to gather insights is so important.”
- “Over the pandemic, we’ve seen virtual care and telehealth go from like 1% utilization to like 35, 40%. So if there’s a light at the end of the tunnel, maybe it’s been some of the adoption of these new technologies.”
Thanks to our friends
Truth Be Known is brought to you by Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enabling every company to find clarity amidst the chaos. Talend Data Fabric brings together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. Learn more at Talend.com.